Markets for freelance jobs/projects/contracts?

Subject: Markets for freelance jobs/projects/contracts?
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 10:27:26 -0700

All,

I'm helping a friend secure consulting services for a small company, and he
asked me about some of the markets (e.g., freelancer.com, project4hire.com,
freelancefree.com, etc) out there. I didn't know much about them, so I went and
looked. Wow. I have to say, it's been a long time since I've seen such obvious
scams, fraudulent behavior, and sheer desperation for a job of any sort under
any circumstances. (I really don't know which is more disturbing--the people
trying to hire someone to fill in captchas or the people willing to do so for a price.)

Questions:
* Have you used any of these services successfully as a contractor
(that is, by bidding on jobs)? Which services were you happy with? Why?
* Have you used any of these services as an employer to engage
contractors to perform specific tasks? Which ones were you happy
with? Why?

Are there different services that are better for writers, or developers, or
other specific services, or are the better ones like Ebay, where you can
find everything?

What should someone be looking for, on either end of the arrangement,
when finding these freelance open markets? Which are reputable?

Any replies welcome. If there are sufficient responses, I'll write up a
summary.

Thanks!
Eric

http://www.doctohelp.com