HTML to "media" file

Subject: HTML to "media" file
From: "Kieran Sullivan" <ksullivan -at- tssg -dot- org>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 14:54:22 -0000

Hi all,

A technical, crossword-related question this time around:

I see on another e-mail thread that a great many of you are proficient in
software publishing tools - hence, my request for info here.

I found a freeware program that I can use to create crosswords. This program
(http://www.eclipsecrossword.com/) outputs .html files. The problem arises
when the host website who's buying my crossword tries to embed them into one
of their own web pages.

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, but I thought if I could offer a
file type that was more "user-friendly" for non-technical users, then it
would be useful.

So, any pointers as to how get a non-technical file from a .html file?

(Apologies for the non-technical wording of my question - I even struggled
to not use the word "thingie" in some places!)

Thanks,

Kieran.

Kieran Sullivan

Telecommunications Software & Systems Group, (www.tssg.org