Re: if you had 60 seconds to evaluate a support web page, what would you look for

Subject: Re: if you had 60 seconds to evaluate a support web page, what would you look for
From: 'Technical Writing Plus' <doc-x -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: John Posada <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com>, Tekwrl <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 11:44:16 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

John, Very interesting. Before reading any of the stuff that you have written, let me say this.

People who develop this kind of thing ought to stick to the basic and stupid things first and get them out of the way.

What is the name of the department or company? What do they do? Who is the person the is responsible for addressing the issue or fixing the problem and how exactly - exactly - do you get in touch with the person (just naming the department here is not good enough). ..

OK now I have scanned over your overview of the content. And, I do not feel qualified or experienced enough with QA to address any of it. But I do think that the basic/'stupid' stuff that I have described above really applies.

And I apologize to anyone who feels that he or she is stupid -- I do not mean to slight you. It is just that, well, people ought to make sure that they get the basic things done first and done well.

Jim Jones

Sr Member STC

communication.openhill.com

chineseadjuster.webs.com