Re: Does anyone know of any groups that specialize in Customer Service/Agent call center knowledgebase writing?

Subject: Re: Does anyone know of any groups that specialize in Customer Service/Agent call center knowledgebase writing?
From: John Posada <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 10:22:42 -0500

>> This is a specialized type of writing with specialized considerations.
>>
> Interesting. How so? (I'm racking my brain to come up with ways this
> writing differs from standard, know-thy-audience, modular, etc., tech
> writing.)

You're right...those are the considerations.

Let's talk about how to structure a content that is delivered to
external customers and to internal telephone support agents. I'm not
talking about generalities and maxims, but specifics, and after having
done 3 months of studying this, some of the rules would surprise
you..they did me.

How about interpreting the results of Google Analytics, such as bouce
rate as it pertains to those external customers and how to restructure
the article to change the rate favorably?

How about SEO? How about article construction for delivery by Chat?
Automated email? SMS?

So, sure, Eric...know-thy-audience and such are the general
considerations. However, the elements specific to this environment are
different than other types of writing, just like api writing and
software documentation are different from this and from each other.

And yes, there are lists for SEO, as there are for any of the eother
elements. However, a list on Knowledgemanagement for this environment
would have them together.

Don't worry, I'm not going away, I just need access to those who
actualy have the specific answers to this type of writing also.

--
John Posada
http://jposada.zenfolio.com/

http://www.doctohelp.com