Query regarding post graduate program in Technical Writing

Subject: Query regarding post graduate program in Technical Writing
From: abc xyz <techwriter2011 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 11:15:59 +0530

Hi All,

I'm a member of this fabulous list from past few years and am grateful for
uncountable valuable discussions related to technical communication that
regularly happen here.

I'm posting this message from an anonymous account due to some personal and
professional reasons and hope to get some feedback from the list. Admins,
hope you understand.

I'm interested in pursuing a post graduate certificate course in Technical
Writing. The program I'm looking forward to join must be:

1. Available in US or Canada
2. Less than one year duration
3. May provide internship/job assistant and should be valuable for a TW job
profile
4. Should be a full time, classroom/hybrid model but not virtual (I love
going to classes!)
5. Provide emphasis on academic theory and writing skills rather than tools
(Frame/Rh etc)

Two programs that I shortlisted in Canada which meet most of my criteria
are:

1. Technical Communication (Co-op) program by Seneca (Toronto, Canada)- 1
Year duration including 4 month Co-op/Internship (paid)
2. Graduate Certificate program in Technical Writing by Algonquin (Ottawa,
Canada)- 10 month duration including a 2 month Co-op/Internship (paid/unpaid
depending upon availability)

Can somebody who has graduated from these programs provide feedback about
these two programs, or provide information about similar programs in
US/Canada.

Thanks in advance for your time.

techwriter next door

http://www.doctohelp.com