RE: creating a portfolio -- writing samples

Subject: RE: creating a portfolio -- writing samples
From: Ed <hamonwry12 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "'Dan Goldstein'" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 16:49:22 -0500

Dan-
My post wasn't intended to be an antagonistic question. As I mentioned in my
reply to the OP, I usually only bring samples of my current work on a USB
key. I left my last job over 4 years ago, and a lot of it just isn't
relevant anymore, and I've certainly come a long way with my career and
writing in the ensuing four years.

Generally, I'd be OK with the guy using my work, if he were passing it off
as examples of his editing. Of course, there's very little chance that a)
I'd write a tech writing book without seriously increasing my beer
consumption, and b) I'd ever find out if said editor was using my work.

-=Ed.

http://www.doctohelp.com