Re: creating a portfolio -- writing samples

Subject: Re: creating a portfolio -- writing samples
From: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com, Toni Williams <tonicw -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 19:03:10 -0800 (PST)

Carefully sanitize everything.  Anywhere there is any sensitive information, such as IP addresses, system names, password syntax rules, etc., replace those with strings of meaningless placeholders.  Same with graphics - anything that shows information that may be even slightly sensitive, replace the graphic with a box that shows where the imager was.  Replace all things that show or hint at the identity of the company you originally did the documents for, including logos. Any procedures that show the user how to work with something that was proprietary, replace the actual meaningful directions with placeholder strings. And of course, put in your cover letter an explanation of those changes.

Good luck.