Word 2010 - keep source formatting not working

Subject: Word 2010 - keep source formatting not working
From: Ben Davies <bdavies -at- imris -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 19:18:14 +0000

Hello

I am having an issue working with Microsoft Word 2010.

I don't know if there is a setting I need to change, or if this functionality seriously has been taken away in Word 10, but it's driving me crazy.

I have a large manual (100+ pages) that I'm trying to re-organize. I want to move Part 4 to a different place in the document.

First, I cut the section and pressed CTRL+V to paste it in the new location. Word stripped all my formatting and pasted as rich text. So I clicked Undo and tried again. This time when I pasted I scrolled over the paste options they provide in Word 2010 (to see what the text would look like once it was pasted). One of the options for pasting is "keep source formatting". When I selected this option, my text pasted and every line was changed to Normal, and it did not even come close to keeping my source formatting.

Am I missing something here? Has Word 2010 seriously taken away the ability to cut and paste content in the same document without having to reformat every single line? Why is Word changing all my styles to Normal when I'm trying to paste with "keep source formatting"? Is there an option or setting I need to change?

Even more bizarre is I am usually able to manage the formatting of copied content when going from one document to another... this issue only happens when copying and pasting in the same document.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. This is driving me nuts and adding huge hours on my already ridiculous schedule.

This email has been scanned by the IMRIS Email Security System

http://www.doctohelp.com