How to set up Word 2007 template w/numbered headings for many contributors?

Subject: How to set up Word 2007 template w/numbered headings for many contributors?
From: Emoto <emoto1 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 09:54:21 -0500

Hi all,

I will be assembling a large doc from individual parts that will be
written by a number of different people at the same time. The doc
will need to have outline-style numbered headings down to at least 3
or 4 levels.

I would like to provide a template to the various writers to make this
as painless for all as possible (given that we are stuck using Word)
so that the numbering doesn't become a chore.

How would you guys set up something like that?

1. Make up a little template with a line of each numbered heading and
formatted text beneath it for them to overwrite. The numbers will be
all 1.x until I stitch the piece into the big doc

or

2. Make up a template with all of the real section titles and numbers,
much like an outline, and let them fill in each section so they can
see it with correct numbering as they write each section.

or

3.?

I am in digest mode, so would appreciate direct responses.

Thanks!

Bob

Converting coffee to documents since the 20th century.

http://www.doctohelp.com