Re: Framemaker Viewer? Floating Licenses?

Subject: Re: Framemaker Viewer? Floating Licenses?
From: Chantel Brathwaite <brathwaitec -at- castupgrade -dot- com>
To: "Robart, Kay" <Kay -dot- Robart -at- tea -dot- state -dot- tx -dot- us>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 14:55:29 -0500

[Not to be snippy or anything, but the Frameviewer is probably something
called Adobe PDF. ;-) Kay]

Kay - no offense taken - and for the record we are already using PDF. ;-)

Perhaps a little background might be helpful. The reason that I'm
asking is because I am the only person with FrameMaker in the office and
it is installed locally. If I am unavailable, people are unable to see
the docs. I would like for them to be able to do that, so I'm looking
at different options for them to be able to do that without me having to
create a PDF for them. Another option that I'm thinking of is using
watched folders, but as I'm also using a version control system and
people tend to go there to check out docs, I'm looking for something
that would be a bit more streamlined.

Thanks,

Chantel Brathwaite
Technical Writer