RE: "Frame Light?" was: RE: Framemaker Viewer? Floating Licenses?

Subject: RE: "Frame Light?" was: RE: Framemaker Viewer? Floating Licenses?
From: "Stephen Arrants" <steve -at- mbfbioscience -dot- com>
To: "David Neeley" <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com>, <ant -at- ant-davey -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 08:34:27 -0500

David Neeley writes:
> However, the various Corporate bean-counters are not likely to embrace
> product which has any sort of substantial learning curve entailed.
They
> seldom understand the complete mess that Word creates in any documents
> that must be maintained over time.

[Stephen Arrants] Not that I want to defend Word as the
be-all-and-end-all of document products, but in my experience
most of the problems I've seen with WORD are due to "operator error"
first and poor software design second. I'm talking about
people who have used Word for years still using tabs and spaces to line
up text or not knowing (nor asking) how to use a document
template to make things easier.
I think it comes from the attitudes of "anyone can write" and "Word is
easy to use" that I've heard over the years.
I don't think Framemaker is any harder to use (in the long run), it is
just that Word has had better marketing.

http://www.doctohelp.com