RE: HAT recommendations

Subject: RE: HAT recommendations
From: Michelle Vina-Baltsas <M -dot- Vina-Baltsas -at- mindray -dot- com>
To: Melissa Nelson <melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 14:12:31 -0500

Thanks, Melissa. A few questions for you.

1) Are you using Flare as an authoring too or simply for output?

2) Which output format(s) are you using?

3) Did you take a Flare training class or learn it on your own?

Thanks,
Michelle

Michelle Viña-Baltsas
Senior Technical Writer

Melissa Nelson <melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Sent by: techwr-l-bounces+m -dot- vina-baltsas=mindray -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
02/23/2011 02:09 PM

cc

Subject
RE: HAT recommendations

I have used both RoboHelp and Flare...started using Flare this past
September after doing what you are doing..asking for opinions on this
list! I LOVE Flare! I am constantly amazing myself with what Flare can do,
and even better, what I can do with Flare! I have found every feature to
be straight forward and easy to use! Also, Madcap is great to work with! I
am sure you will get more detailed recommendations on here, but I will be
short and to the point! I love and highly recommend Flare!

Melissa

> To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> Subject: HAT recommendations
> From: M -dot- Vina-Baltsas -at- mindray -dot- com
> Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 16:18:46 -0500
>
> Hello all.
>
> I'm in the process of evaluating both RoboHelp 9 and MadCap Flare 6. We
> use FrameMaker 9 to deliver printed documentation and want to begin
> creating online help for our medical devices now that our software is
> Windows based. I was originally leaning toward RoboHelp simply because
> it's an Adobe product. After doing some research, I read about MadCap
> Flare and it seems to have a lot to offer, so now I'm really confused. I

> used RoboHelp years ago when it was a Blue Sky product and liked it, but

> it's changed quite a bit since then. Years ago I'd heard people call
> RoboHelp RoboHell and that scares me. I'm not sure if that's still the
> case though. :-O
>
> Anyone out there use either product and have any recommendations? My
main
> issue with going to MadCap Flare is that we would not be using the
editing
> capabilities that Flare has to offer because we want to continue using
> FrameMaker.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Michelle
>
> Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with
Doc-To-Help.

http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/melmis36%40hotmail.com

Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with
Doc-To-Help.
http://www.doctohelp.com

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as M -dot- Vina-Baltsas -at- mindray -dot- com -dot-

or visit
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/m.vina-baltsas%40mindray.com

http://www.doctohelp.com