Re: FrameMaker X can ONLY be activated over the internet

Subject: Re: FrameMaker X can ONLY be activated over the internet
From: Gregory P Sweet <gps03 -at- health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 13:47:24 -0400

Robohelp is impacted too, as well as the CS5 products.

http://goo.gl/LMUCD

Of all the mis-begotten, dunder-headed things I've seen Adobe try to pull
over the years this has to be the worst. Maybe they'll change when they see
government purchases plummet. Even when gov't environs can connect to the
Internet they never allow silent connections. WTF are they thinking?

-Greg

03/24/2011 12:15:48 PM:

> From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
> To: Chantel Brathwaite <brathwaitec -at- castupgrade -dot- com>
> Cc: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> Date: 03/24/2011 12:15 PM
> Subject: Re: FrameMaker X can ONLY be activated over the internet
> Sent by: techwr-l-bounces+gps03=health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>
> From http://www.adobe.com/products/framemaker/faq.html...
>
> If I donât have Internet connection, can I call Support for phone
activation?

> No. Activation of the product via the Internet is required for AdobeÂ
> FrameMaker 10. If your system is connected to the Internet and you
> receive an activation reminder, please contact your local Customer
> Support for assistance. Customer Support, however, will not be able
> to activate your software over the phone if you donât have an Internet
> connection.
>

> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 9:00 AM, Chantel Brathwaite
> <brathwaitec -at- castupgrade -dot- com> wrote:
> > I'd be interested in hearing more about this ... if I end up working in
this
> > type of environment in the future it will be good to know whether I can
> > recommend that we use Adobe products.
>
> Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with
Doc-To-Help.
> http://www.doctohelp.com
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as gps03 -at- health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us -dot-

> or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/gps03%
> 40health.state.ny.us

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure. It is intended only for the addressee. If you received this in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not distribute, copy or use it or any attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.

http://www.doctohelp.com