RE: Advice on starting out; dealing with employers

Subject: RE: Advice on starting out; dealing with employers
From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 12:24:41 -0400

Excellent questions! I'll briefly address #4:

Don't try to convince your boss that clear, concise, consistent writing
is better; show him. After he's seen what you can do with *new*
material, encourage him to let you "polish" some of the old stuff with
"minor adjustments" (which could of course include a complete rewrite).

My attitude is, my audience is the reader, but my customer is the boss.
First, I have to make that sale: If the boss doesn't like what I've got
to offer, then no matter how good it is,the audience won't benefit from
it.