RE: Searching Techwr-l archives (Was: Advice on starting out)

Subject: RE: Searching Techwr-l archives (Was: Advice on starting out)
From: <lists -at- edmarsh -dot- com>
To: "Tim J. Slager" <TSlager -at- isdcorporation -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 09:13:28 -0400

As someone active in the Drupal community, I'd hold off on 7 for a bit if you're using a lot of contributed modules. Things like the Views and Panels modules are still problematic in 7.

Regardless, the Drupal community is fantastic, friendly, and extraordinarily helpful. I'd highly recommend going to a meetup.
-=Ed.

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 08:57:34 -0400, "Tim J. Slager" <TSlager -at- isdcorporation -dot- com> wrote:

Any chance you could upgrade from Drupal 6 to Drupal 7? It is
considerably more intuitive (although still massively robust and
complex). If there is a local drupal group in your area, they may be
eager to help you get things sorted out. The group in my area (Grand
Rapids, MI, US) is. If you want to experiment with Drupal 7, start a
(free) site on Drupal Gardens (http://www.drupalgardens.com/). You may
decide the upgrade is not worth the effort, but it might be worth
checking.

tims