Re: Deleting a range of pages in Word?

Subject: Re: Deleting a range of pages in Word?
From: Chris Morton <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 15:36:05 -0700

Tony's on to something, perhaps. The peeps at Woody's Lounge would be sure
to have a great answer.

> Chris

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca> wrote:

> That's because Word doesn't understand the concept of pages. Word's
> object model refers to ranges, characters, paragraphs and stories.
>
> You could write a macro to automate your existing delete process.
> Something like "delete from beginning to here", and "delete from here
> to end".
>
> -Tony
>
>
>
> On 2011-04-21, at 3:07 PM, "Janoff, Steve" <sjanoff -at- illumina -dot- com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > In a 100-page document in Word (either 2007 or 2010, not sure), is there
> a simple way to delete all but 2 pages?
> >
> > Haven't been able to find a way to specify a page range to delete, as you
> would in Acrobat, for example.
> >
> > Thanks. Apologies if this is trivial or has been answered before.
> >
> > Steve
> >
> > PS - The usual way is select everything after and delete, and select
> everything before and delete, but looking for page-range-specification
> delete. Thanks again.
> >
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with
> Doc-To-Help.
> > Choose your authoring formats and get any output you may need. Try
> > Doc-To-Help, now with MS SharePoint integration, free for 30-days.
> > http://www.doctohelp.com
> >
> > ---
> > You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca -dot-
> >
> > To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> > techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> > or visit
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/tonyc%40tonychung.ca
> >
> >
> > To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> >
> > Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
> > http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.
> >
> > Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:
> > http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/listinfo/techwr-l-chat
> >
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with
> Doc-To-Help.
> Choose your authoring formats and get any output you may need. Try
> Doc-To-Help, now with MS SharePoint integration, free for 30-days.
> http://www.doctohelp.com
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-
>
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> or visit
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/salt.morton%40gmail.com
>
>
> To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>
> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
> http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.
>
> Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/listinfo/techwr-l-chat
>
>
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with Doc-To-Help.
Choose your authoring formats and get any output you may need. Try
Doc-To-Help, now with MS SharePoint integration, free for 30-days.
http://www.doctohelp.com

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/archive%40web.techwr-l.com


To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.

Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/listinfo/techwr-l-chat


References:
Deleting a range of pages in Word?: From: Janoff, Steve

Previous by Author: Re: Advice on starting out; dealing with employers
Next by Author: Re: Deleting a range of pages in Word?
Previous by Thread: RE: Deleting a range of pages in Word?
Next by Thread: Re: Deleting a range of pages in Word?


What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads


Sponsored Ads