Usability

Subject: Usability
From: Roberta Hennessey <rahennessey -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: tech writer tech writer <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 12:06:19 -0400

This is a request for opinions.

After the recent downturn, I have been brainstorming on how to enhance my
marketability in an ever-changing market. My areas of focus have been geared
toward learning XML, XHTML, etc. and learning new software applications.
Being proactive has helped me secure employment.

As others on this list have lots of experience and good perspectives, I
wondered how people felt about writers pursuing courses on usability. I'm
also considering studying information architecture in some form, as some of
my best managers have been information architects in an informal way. My
intent is to keep my skills marketable.

Any ideas, opinions appreciated.

Bobbi

--