Re: Can this career be saved?

Subject: Re: Can this career be saved?
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 15:26:39 -0400

On 06/06/2011 03:12 PM, Gene Kim-Eng wrote:

Well, it certainly can't hurt. But I still think that most non-pubs
hiring managers will be more concerned about erosion of skills and
knowledge in subject matter than in writing. Most of them already
think that anyone can write. :)

"Yes, you were good at using skills you acquired on the fly to write about something you never heard of before. But this is Modern Times, not way back when. Nobody can write about OUR stuff unless they already know it. That's what our tech guys tell me. I think they said we're using Ajax and an ISP. We'd have them write but they're too busy. And we only started up ten months ago, so if you were writing ten years ago, you'll probably want too much money."

Doing writing for pay is better than a course with other non-writing people.

http://www.doctohelp.com