RE: Creating a template with locked

Subject: RE: Creating a template with locked
From: Mike McCallister <mike -dot- mccallister -at- pkware -dot- com>
To: Cat Salm <catrose15 -at- hotmail -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 20:30:50 +0000

Cat,

I'm not sure what you mean by (2):

2) None of them have Acrobat, so if I create it as an editable pdf they won't be able to save

This may depend on your version of Acrobat. If you have Acrobat Pro 9+ (this may go back to v8, but I'm not as sure about that), you can go to "Enable for Commenting and Analysis in Adobe Reader" in the Comments menu. Save the doc to a network drive that everyone has access to. Your folks can then add comments, bicker amongst themselves as much as they want (and have it all present in the doc so you can track resolution of the fights)--and I saw no issues with saving when I tested this in Reader X just now. 8-)

Might be well worth an upgrade.

Hope this helps....

Mike McCallister
Senior Document Architect