Re: Quotation marks around user interface labels

Subject: Re: Quotation marks around user interface labels
From: Ruth Sessions <ruthsessions03051 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>, Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 11:40:22 -0700 (PDT)

Nancy:

Although initial caps might be sufficient to distinguish GUI labels in text, bolding those labels makes it much easier for them to stand out. It's hard to imagine anyone using quotation marks at this point in history, when font changes are so easy to make and a bold font improves readability so much.

I agree with Richard that you should be trying to follow the same style guide in the release notes that you follow in your docs.

Ruth

Ruth Sessions
603/886-7355