Re: swapping monitors?

Subject: Re: swapping monitors?
From: Ruth Sessions <ruthsessions03051 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Monique Semp <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>, TechWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 14:52:04 -0700 (PDT)

Ruth initially Sessions wrote:

I'm actually in the market for a Viewsonic monitor that rotates between horizontal and vertical. No one seems to be selling the ones that rotate anymore... I'm planning to look on Craig's list for one. -----But if anyone out there has one they'd like to sell, I'm willing to look at it... as long as it's in good condition(!)...
---------------------

That's what I'm using now!  It's model VP2030b, with 1600 x 1200 resolution, and I can (although never do) rotate the monitor. This resolution is UXGA in the classic 4:3 aspect ratio (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monitor_resolution).

But before I part with it, I'd need a replacement, and what I want is a <better-than-1600> x <at-least-1200> monitor, which seems basically impossible to find at any price.

(I've been drooling over a colleagues ancient QXGA monitor for some time now, which is also a 4:3 ratio, with 2048 x 1536 resolution! But the monitors available today seem to be the "widescreen" format where the width is nicely bigger but the height is smaller -- not conducive to tiling multiple docs on a single screen and making the whole-page-view actually readable by my now-requiring-reading-glasses-eyes. And I don't want to go the multi-monitor route because I often am using multiple docs at a time, or an open app window and my doc authoring window at the same time, and swiveling my head from one to the other would give me whiplash!)

So, if anyone has a working monitor with <better-than-1600> x <at-least-1200> that they'd like to sell, perhaps we could manage a three-way monitor swap :-).

-Monique

Ruth's newest response:

Anyone who has the type of monitor Monique is looking for and is interested in selling it, I'm willing to work on a three-way monitor deal.

Ruth

http://www.doctohelp.com

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as ruthsessions03051 -at- yahoo -dot- com -dot-

or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/ruthsessions03051%40yahoo.com

http://www.doctohelp.com