Re: predictive completion

Subject: Re: predictive completion
From: "Dana Worley (MVP/JB)" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 11:38:29 -0600

Microsoft developed Intellisense for use in programming languages. It's a useful tool in a programming environment, and we often get requests for it in our datalogger program editor.

"Predictive completion" doesn't bother me. Auto correct, especially on a smart phone, drives me batty. Yes, I really did want to type SLC, not sack.

I really like navigating lists by typing the first few letters (aps that *don't* do this annoy me), and I like Google's auto-suggest for searches. And while it's not "completion", but is "predictive", I LOVE Swype on my Galaxy Tab. Even if I fumble some of the letters, it's very good at coming up with the correct word. For me, it makes typing on a virtual screen quite doable rather than a painfully tedious task that I would otherwise avoid at all cost :-D .

Dana W.

On 12:59 PM, Rédacteur en chef wrote:

Many interfaces now include predictive completion that anticipates the
word or phrase that you are trying to type. (MadCap calls it
IntelliSense).

Do you like it?

Do you use it?

Have you encountered versions of it that you prefer over others? Or
versions that you detest more... ?

--
Campbell Scientific, Inc.

http://www.doctohelp.com