RE: Font Size

Subject: RE: Font Size
From: "Wroblewski, Victoria" <vwroblewski -at- NECsphere -dot- com>
To: TechWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 16:50:08 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Of Suzanne Chiles
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2011 4:39 PM

On Aug 1, 2011, at 1:29 PM, "Al Geist" <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com> wrote:

>> Print out an instruction in 4 pt and in 6 pt in the various languages
>> that the instruction will be printed. Pick the one that works best in
>> all of the languages.
>>
>> Al

Back when I worked with consumer electronics, there was often a lot of feedback and changes that needed to be made for regulatory and safety, and we never once got feedback (as in feedback from an official source that required us to change anything) that a font was too small. The requirement is usually just to have it printed in-box, and not that it actually be readable.

I used to have a collection at my desk of other examples of teeny-tiny font examples for my own amusement. When you can only use a specific sized page and have a long list of languages, sadly, small fonts are going to happen. And you'd be surprised - a 5.5pt font is not as small as you might think it is.

(And we also used to crack the joke about adding a magnifying glass to the standard build of materials all the time)

- V

http://www.doctohelp.com