RE: Using the conjunction OR in mutually exclusive options

Subject: RE: Using the conjunction OR in mutually exclusive options
From: "Porrello, Leonard" <lporrello -at- illumina -dot- com>
To: 'Richard L Hamilton' <dick -at- rlhamilton -dot- net>, Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 20:42:37 +0000

I agree with Richard and Dan and would add that, along with clarity, the first form scans more quickly. That is, it takes less time for me to figure out what the step is about. Of course, you can fix this issue by rewording the introductory sentence. Instead of " Use one of two methods to open a menu," you can write, "Open a menu using one of two methods".

Leonard