Re: Dilemma - LinkedIn Requests

Subject: Re: Dilemma - LinkedIn Requests
From: Paul Goble <pgcommunication -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 09:02:43 -0500

Sometimes I'll accept an invitation from someone I don't know very well, if
that person is connected to people or companies I might want to work with.
I especially like to connect with LIONs (LinkedIn Open Networkers), who
purposely position themselves to help us regular folks expand our networks.

For me, the harder decision is whether to connect with my current management
chain. It's impossible to share an "I'm looking for a new job" update
without it being seen by current co-workers or management. Maybe the
Google+ circle concept will motivate LinkedIn to add such a capability.

--
Paul

http://www.doctohelp.com