Re: Dilemma - LinkedIn Requests

Subject: Re: Dilemma - LinkedIn Requests
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Chantel Brathwaite" <brathwaitec -at- castupgrade -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 18:28:57 -0700

IMO, if you're a manager and you can't find some way to clue your subordinates in to the fact that something bad is looming on the horizon, you're just not trying. Even if you've been specifically directed to say nothing about upcoming cuts, answering staff questions (and there will always be questions, because employee rumor mills are invariably the fastest and most accurate information systems in any company) by saying you're "not at liberty to discuss staffing issues at this time" will do the job (and yes, I've done it).

I have a special place on my grudge list for managers who don't watch out for their people. It isn't necessary for someone to have deliberately deceived or harmed; indifference is sufficient.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chantel Brathwaite" <brathwaitec -at- castupgrade -dot- com>

In this case, while this wasn't handled well, it doesn't necessarily sound to me from what was written like it was a personal thing.

http://www.doctohelp.com