Re: Tech Writing in Kanban

Subject: Re: Tech Writing in Kanban
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: Asha Mokashi <amokashi -at- cdcsoftware -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 07:45:20 -0700

Funny you mentioned this. At my last company my colleague introduced
Kanban for our tech writing team (of 2). The concept was sound:
minimize the number of tasks in progress. Our problem was breaking
tasks down small enough to fit in with the Dev cycles. The Devs
weren't using Kanban.

For TechCom to fit into a Kanban system, you could start by
identifying your dependencies and plot a specific TechCom task after
each of them.

It's more about managing expectations and providing visibility than accuracy.

-Tony

http://www.doctohelp.com