Re: RE: Name of Hardware Control?

Subject: Re: RE: Name of Hardware Control?
From: Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 10:30:00 -0500 (CDT)

Thanks, everyone!

I agree, the name of the function (like Press *Edit*) is far more important than the name of the hardware ("Press the *Edit* button" or "Press the *Edit* soft key").

In the one place in the manual where I have to explain what those white circles are (the introductory hardware overview) I'll call them soft keys, since that is the right term, but in the instructions I'll just go with the function name.

I love this list!



Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with Doc-To-Help.
Choose your authoring formats and get any output you may need. Try
Doc-To-Help, now with MS SharePoint integration, free for 30-days.

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:

Previous by Author: Name of Hardware Control?
Next by Author: RE: TECHWR-L Digest, Vol 71, Issue 22
Previous by Thread: RE: Name of Hardware Control?
Next by Thread: Re: "airplane help"

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads