Re: STC certification program

Subject: Re: STC certification program
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 19:51:02 -0700

It seems to me that the question in this case is who was taking notes for the meeting minutes before the person leading the meeting had to step out. In most of the places I've worked, that would have been the person leading the meeting and it wouldn't have bothered me one bit to be asked to take over part of the meeting leader's function.

If nobody was taking notes and the company's typical practice was not to issue meeting minutes, I'd probably be taking down what the attendees were saying anyway in case I might need to use what they said against them later.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cardimon, Craig" <ccardimon -at- M-S-G -dot- com>

The "glorified secretary" thing does happen.

In the distant past, I was in an operations group meeting at another company. The person leading the meeting had to step out. As she left the meeting, she turned, looked right at me, and said, "Take notes. I don't want to miss anything."

Was I surprised? Yes. Did I take notes? Yes. She was the boss.

http://www.doctohelp.com