Re: STC Certification

Subject: Re: STC Certification
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Suzette Leeming <suzette -dot- leeming -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 10:08:40 -0400

> It's starting to feel like a
> topic I may want to filter out of this listserv. Can we not leave it to the
> STC listserv?

Unfortunately STC Certification isn't limited to STC members, and if
it does have traction, it will impact everyone working in the
technical communication space. STC discussions, from my lengthy
experience, are closed and limited to a select handful of vocal STC
members. To conduct a closed-loop conversation about an open-reaching
topic would be folly (it's how many of STC's initiatives are born, and
we know the success rate). If the topic's not of interest, it's very
easy to ignore the messages by subject. But we'd be mistaken to think
that this topic should be left to the STC and is nothing for anyone
outside of STC to be worried about. I think the more outside input
there is on this subject, the better.

--
Bill Swallow

Twitter: @techcommdood