When are NDAs not binding? Was, RE: STC Certification - What Does It Really Mean

Subject: When are NDAs not binding? Was, RE: STC Certification - What Does It Really Mean
From: "Porrello, Leonard" <lporrello -at- illumina -dot- com>
To: 'William Sherman' <bsherman77 -at- embarqmail -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 18:23:30 +0000

When talking about providing samples, William said, "I have always signed non-disclosure agreements. I will not under any circumstance give ANYONE who does not have a need to know..." and "If it is available publicly, I point them to such URLs or locations where they can find it."

Is an NDA binding after a company has made your (its) work available to the general public?

How about if they have made it available or distributed it to parties that have not signed an NDA?

Does your average NDA prevent one from providing heavily redacted versions of a document that contains no proprietary information?