RE: Career|Skill Advice

Subject: RE: Career|Skill Advice
From: "Bruce Megan (ST-CO/ENS5-NA)" <Megan -dot- Bruce -at- us -dot- bosch -dot- com>
To: Roberta Hennessey <rahennessey -at- gmail -dot- com>, tech writer tech writer <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 15:03:53 +0100

I think Usability is a great knowledge. I found that even though employers may not realize how valuable this is on the surface, it becomes apparent when bugs, design flaws are found because you questioned the design or program.

I also think anything in international/translation issues/skills is valuable. The more we, as technical writers, understand the cultural, ethnic, etc...differences from country to country makes our writing (and unintentionally us) better and widely acceptable.

http://www.doctohelp.com