Flow Charts

Subject: Flow Charts
From: Kari Gulbrandsen <kkgulbrandsen -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 12:31:57 -0500

Hi all,

I am finding myself in the position of having to draw a number of different
kinds of flow charts -- showing process flow, inputs and outputs,
relationships, cycles, and so on.

I am spending way too much time thinking about how I want to draw it, and
just getting hung up on -- and I either just end up writing the description
or drawing something that doesn't really represent what I want.

Does anybody have any good reference materials that would give me a giant
step forward? That would give me some examples or guidelines on what
information to use and what to cut?

I know how to use Visio and Smart Art to actually draw them, it's
deciding what is the best way to represent the ideas that I am being given.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

kari.

--
Kari Kristine Gulbrandsen
Reflective Editing | Enlightening Sciences

http://www.doctohelp.com