RE: need suggestions on handling a boss

Subject: RE: need suggestions on handling a boss
From: Erika Yanovich <ERIKA_y -at- rad -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 08:03:51 +0000

< I get along well with my boss, except when it comes to work deliverables.> That's kind of the most important part of the job, isn't it? It seems she is not a good boss and if you survive this deliverable (which I sincerely hope), my advice is to tape these meetings. This way, you can listen to them again and catch those things that went "over your head". Even if you don't understand them, add the topics as headings only, with a TBD or some other internal comment underneath, such as "need more info here" highlighted in, say, yellow. Perhaps this way she will see the gaps she promised to fill.

Not letting you talk to SMEs is very bad. If your boss is really trying to sabotage your work and find excuses to fire you, as some others on this list suggested, ignore her request and approach the SMEs. You have nothing to lose.

Erika (always tending to ignore stupid requests)

http://www.doctohelp.com