RE: Revision control

Subject: RE: Revision control
From: Mike McCallister <mike -dot- mccallister -at- pkware -dot- com>
To: "M -dot- Vina-Baltsas -at- mindray -dot- com" <M -dot- Vina-Baltsas -at- mindray -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 16:57:28 +0000

Michelle,

For our mainframe manuals, which rev fairly often, we use a part number on the cover that references the revision, so it looks like this: <product_number>VxxxRxxxx (I personally hope we never get to four digits between versions, but they're there if we need them). I also slap a date on the copyright page (p2) for each PDF.

Those seem to work for our tech support staff.

Mike McCallister
Senior Document Architect

PKWARE, Inc.
648 N. Plankinton Avenue