Re: what doc formats do READERs want ?

Subject: Re: what doc formats do READERs want ?
From: "Monique Semp" <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "Margaret Cekis" <margaret -dot- cekis -at- comcast -dot- net>, "Richard L Hamilton" <dick -at- rlhamilton -dot- net>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 08:07:22 -0800

Monique asked, "What doc formats do READERs want?"
And Margaret replied: Sometimes we also have to answer, "What can we give them with the tight budget and time constraints?"

That is certainly true, but I'm in the rare-but-pleasant-situation where I've been asked to "think radical" and told that we might not be able to do all we want of course, but if we could, what would be the ideal path to go down?

So we're investigating what would be the ideal documentation format -- not even necessarily in the short term but what we might want to work toward -- for this client's SaaS application users (who encompass decision makers, integration engineers who integrate their own e-commerce websites with the SasS app, and the user base, who are not the e-commerce website's users but are performing admin/monitoring type work using the SaaS app's functions).

A pleasant change from dealing with constraints!
-Monique

http://www.doctohelp.com