Re: What doc formats do readers actually use? Was, "what doc formatsdo READERs want ?"

Subject: Re: What doc formats do readers actually use? Was, "what doc formatsdo READERs want ?"
From: "William Sherman" <bsherman77 -at- embarqmail -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:30:26 -0500

You didn't keep yours? I have found those old books are still a great source. The issues is that many of the programs use different approaches and commands now. Of course, the Office 2007 ribbon didn't help, at all. Visual Basic is one that apparently messed up. I can't compile any of my old programs on the newer versions of Visual Studio.

But the basics of what you need for a problem are there and then you just have to figure how it applies to the newer program.

This is one reason on my personal computer, I still have Windows XP and Office 2003 running. Work is Office 2007 and at times, I'm tempted to update, but I really wonder if there is an advantage. Many tasks are just much faster on 2003 than 2007. I'm not sure if I will see an advantage other than eventually MS support and updates will cease.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Allred" <jack -at- allrednet -dot- com>