Re: Need a little help in wording

Subject: Re: Need a little help in wording
From: Lauren <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 13:04:10 -0800

On 12/28/2011 8:09 AM, Dana Worley (MVP/JB) wrote:

I agree that diversified does not see like the correct word. One of the first things that came to mind is "flexible" (for the first sentence), but I don't think that's quite it either.

I assumed that there was a reason for using that particular word, since this was a school project.

Rather than "herbivorous animals", I might use "herbivores" (isn't herbivorous animal somewhat redundant?),

No, it is not redundant. "Herbivorous" means to feed on plants, but it does not mean that an animal is feeding on plants. There can be other organisms that feed on plants.

or why not just say "plant-eating animals".

The animals are classified as "herbivorous." The piece covered diversification of animals. Animals that are diversified by diet include those that are carnivorous, herbivorous, and omnivorous.

http://www.doctohelp.com