Re: Disagreeing with house styles

Subject: Re: Disagreeing with house styles
From: Sion Lane <slane -at- ubq -dot- thrupoint -dot- net>
To: Phil Snow Leopard <philstokes03 -at- googlemail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 15:46:50 +0000

Excellent link Phil, thanks.

There's a new edition of the Microsoft Manual of Style due at the end of
January, would be interesting to see if this has changed.

Common usage is definitely the concatenated version.

On 5 January 2012 15:40, Phil Snow Leopard <philstokes03 -at- googlemail -dot- com>wrote:

> Oh, 'voicemail' too is one word for Apple documenters.
>
> Incidentally, for anyone interested, the 200+ page Apple style guide is
> available free online:
>

> http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/APStyleGuide/APSG_2009.pdf
>

> Phil
>

> On 5 Jan 2012, at 22:33, Phil Snow Leopard wrote:
>
> > But not so the Apple style guide, which treats 'website' as one word.
> >
> > Always been a bit forward thinking though, those Apple types... ;-)
> >

> > On 5 Jan 2012, at 22:22, Julie Stickler wrote:
> >
> >> And FYI, your house style guide agrees with the Microsoft Manual of
> >> Style, which is one of the major Style Guides available in our
> >> industry.
> >> --
> >> Julie Stickler
> >> http://heratech.wordpress.com/
> >> Blogging about Agile and technical writing
> >> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >>
> >> Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with
> Doc-To-Help.
> >> Choose your authoring formats and get any output you may need. Try
> >> Doc-To-Help, now with MS SharePoint integration, free for 30-days.
> >> http://www.doctohelp.com
> >>
> >> ---
> >> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as philstokes03 -at- googlemail -dot- com
> .

> >> or visit
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/philstokes03%40googlemail.com
> >>

> >> To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> >>
> >> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
> >> http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources
> and info.
> >>
> >> Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our
> online magazine at http://techwhirl.com
> >>
> >> Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public
> >

> > Tech Writer:
> > http://applehelpwriter.com
> >

> > Critical Thinking & Philosophy:
> > http://essentialthinking.wordpress.com/
> >

> Phil Stokes
> อาจารย์ภาษาอังกฤษ
> สถาบันภาษา
> มหาวิทยาลัยจุฬาลงกรณ์
> ถนนพญาไท
> ปทุมวัน
> กรุงเทพฯ 10330
>
> Tech Writer:
> http://applehelpwriter.com
>

> Critical Thinking & Philosophy:
> http://essentialthinking.wordpress.com/

--
Sion Lane
Technical Author

Phone: +44 (0)2920 00 5143 ex. 5143

Ubiquity Thrupoint
Bldg 3
Eastern Business Park
Wern Fawr Lane
St Mellons
Cardiff, CF3 5EA

www.thrupoint.com

Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential
and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and
deleting it from your computer. Thank you. Thrupoint, Inc. - ubq

http://www.doctohelp.com