Re: Android devices

Subject: Re: Android devices
From: Lee Fisher <blibbet -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 22:13:11 -0800

> I was looking at the Asus Slider tablet.

If you buy any Android device, you might want to check if the hardware is supported by Cyanogenmod.

> The only question I have
> about Android is whether there is a decent eReader application. I'm
> sure there must be one.

> An Android-based tablet would give me a feel for how the operating
> system works.

You can get a feel for how the Android OS works w/o buying a tablet. You could use Android-x86 (in a VM, or natively on a netbook/tablet. Or the Android SDK's emulator, though the latter is slow and painful. Both are awkward to use without a touchscreen.

or visit

Android devices: From: Tony Chung