Re: ePub preferred tool

Subject: Re: ePub preferred tool
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: Kevin McGowan <thatguy_80 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 14:01:31 -0800

Hi Kevin,

You may also be interested the DITA4Publishers project. It includes a
Word to DITA transform, and a DITA to ePub (and other outputs). This
would be especially helpful if your company considered authoring in
DITA eventually.

http://dita4publishers.sourceforge.net/

And ePub is the most widely used mobile reader format, readable on
multiple devices. Apple doesn't own the rights to it, so it's stupid
for them to force creators to sell books created with iAuthor through
their own store. It's as if Stanley forced builders who use their
hammers in construction to send them a cut. Or Yamaha and piano music
(or mowed lawns).

-Tony

http://www.doctohelp.com