Re: Appendix numbering in Framemaker 9

Subject: Re: Appendix numbering in Framemaker 9
From: "ant -at- ant-davey -dot- com" <ant -at- ant-davey -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 15:13:34 +0000 (GMT)

Sion,

A possible quick fix, if you are willing to give up the <chapnum> variable.
I use Heading1, Heading2, and so on in my appendices (different file from
main body of document) and use this Autonumbering format: A:<A+>< =0><
=0 >< =0>< =0>< =0>

Best regards,
Ant

On 08 February 2012 at 14:45 Sion Lane <slane -at- ubq -dot- thrupoint -dot- net> wrote:

> This problem seems like it should have a simple solution, but it's
driving
> me nuts. Hopefully someone can help.
>
> Framemaker 9 on Windows, I have inherited a document which uses the
> <chapnum> variable to number the appendices. The Appenix title, formatted
> in an 'Appendix' paragraph style, is on the Master page of each appendix.
>
> The problem is, I have two appendices and they are both showing as
Appendix

online magazine at http://techwhirl.com

email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives