Re: Stupid users (was Re: Is there a term for this?)

Subject: Re: Stupid users (was Re: Is there a term for this?)
From: Phil Snow Leopard <philstokes03 -at- googlemail -dot- com>
To: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 09:28:53 +0700

Oh I see. Yes, of course, that's a possibility.

Just to be clear though: it's the login password system and firmware password that are entirely defeatable. The encryption method (administered by FileVault 2) is unbreakable, but its not enabled by default, has to set up by an Admin user, and doesn't play well with non-standard set ups (like RAIDs, for one example).

Best

Phil
Tech Writer:
http://applehelpwriter.com