RE: Question for writers in New Zealand and Australia

Subject: RE: Question for writers in New Zealand and Australia
From: "Martinek, Carla" <CMartinek -at- zebra -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 09:00:25 -0600

Brian, my question was specific and *cultural* in its nature, and directed at a geographical group of writers. The first wave of answers I received focused on technical solutions, not cultural.

Our programmers are looking at having people type in and/or select a country
for a specific software need. Right now they have defined the entry for your area as
"australia/nz". (Other entries are "china," brazil," "russia," etc.)

Are there any cultural issues with the two countries being grouped together,
and for the abbreviation to nz instead of New Zealand? (lowercase is also the
programmers' choice, but that's another issue.)

In your opinion, what additional information besides that shown above was needed to provide an answer to the cultural question I asked? I felt that what I provided was sufficient for the question at hand.

-C

- CONFIDENTIAL-

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.