Seeking advice on leading an interview for a technical writer position in English

Subject: Seeking advice on leading an interview for a technical writer position in English
From: "Claudine Chausson" <cchausson -at- fircosoft -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 09:05:43 +0100

Hi everyone,

The company I work for is growing and we are currently hiring a junior
technical writer. We've received a few interesting résumés so far. My
manager is leading the first round of interviews and I might have to lead
the 2nd round. Yippeee. Not really actually. I've proposed to lead the
interviews in English because, though we're located in Paris, France, the
common language is English (many developers and SMEs do not speak French).

I've lead interviews in French in the past but I don't want to be just
translating questions into English. I know that in English-speaking
countries interviews are lead in a very different way and I would really
appreciate if you could direct me to websites that give sample questions.

Also, I would really much appreciate a sample of your own questions you
would ask to a junior technical writer if you were in my position.

Thanks for the help.

Claudine Chausson

Claudine Chausson
Senior Technical Writer