if this exists, what's it called?

Subject: if this exists, what's it called?
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 15:37:23 -0500

I'm writing a recommendation.

Part of the recommendation involves including shock indicators / tell-tales attached directly to the product. After some initial Googling, where I didn't even know what term I wanted (not tell-tales, not sensors...), I stumbled upon "indicators" and got some vendors and some descriptions of capabilities, applications, prices, etc.

Now, I'm looking for a similar passive device that can be attached to (or inside) a product that will record (by color change or other indication) if it has ever been exposed to a given maximum or minimum temperature. I know I've seen something in the past, but I just can't remember what it was called, to find it again. So far, all I'm seeing are min-max recording thermometers, mostly devices with batteries, and therefore a short life, intended to track the handling of a shipped product from one sender to one recipient - a matter of days or weeks, at most. I'm looking for something that the service people can view when they open a "broken" product that has been RMA'd possibly 5 years after it was sold and see that it was once subjected to -35 degrees Celsius (or +150 or whatever).

Maybe somebody in medical devices, pharma, nuclear, other industries with sensitive equipment, has seen what I'm looking for and can point me.


The information contained in this electronic mail transmission
may be privileged and confidential, and therefore, protected
from disclosure. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by replying to this
message and deleting it from your computer without copying
or disclosing it.

Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with Doc-To-Help. Choose your authoring formats and get any output you may need.

Try Doc-To-Help, now with MS SharePoint integration, free for 30-days.



You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at http://techwhirl.com

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives


Previous by Author: Tool maintenance/purchase (was RE: Beta Tester's Review of MadCap Flare 8
Next by Author: RE: if this exists, what's it called?
Previous by Thread: RE: Problem with Word 2007 tables
Next by Thread: Re: if this exists, what's it called?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads