RE: "Allow" vs. "Require"

Subject: RE: "Allow" vs. "Require"
From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riveraintech -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 09:29:03 -0400

Thanks, Fred, you described my situation better than I could myself. I'll suggest "allow but not require" to Those Who Code.

By the way, for anyone looking for a little adventure in tech writing, nothing quite compares with the middle ground between the coders and the testers. Writing requirements and test cases that please everyone is a little like working at the United Nations during an arms crisis.