Re: Interviews:

Subject: Re: Interviews:
From: Chris Morton <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 10:07:03 -0700

There are indeed large differences. I write for a medical imaging device
company, which is a FAR cry from having to write far more technical pieces
for a pharmco. I only need to know a smattering of medical terms to do my
job, whereas from the looks of it my counterparts need full-blown science
degrees.

Why not first join LinkedIn (a basic account is free) and then join some
technical writing groups there dedicated to the medical field?

> Chris

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com> wrote:

> It might be a good idea to define what you mean by "Health Tech Writer,"
> since college programs sometimes use category names that aren't common in
> the working world. Some of us who have worked with medical devices,
> laboratory instruments and other similar systems may be "Health Tech
> Writers" and not even realize it. :)
>
> Gene Kim-Eng
>
>
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 9:25 AM, Samantha Graham <sgraham -at- uccs -dot- edu> wrote:
>
> > I am taking a class at UCCS called tools for technical writers. For this
> > class we have to create a personal website and interview two people who
> are
> > in the profession we would like to succeed in. I chose the Health Tech
> > Writer profession. I would like to know what it takes to be a Health Tech
> > Writer, what formal education do you have to have, the job description,
> the
> > challenges you encounter, and so on and so forth. Thank you for your
> time.
> >
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^**^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with
> > Doc-To-Help. Choose your authoring formats and get any output you may
> need.
> >
> > Try Doc-To-Help, now with MS SharePoint integration, free for 30-days.
> >
> > http://bit.ly/doc-to-help
> >
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^**^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as techwr -at- genek -dot- com -dot-
> >
> > To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> > techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- **com <techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
> >
> >
> > Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
> > http://www.techwhirl.com/**email-discussion-groups/<
> http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/>for more resources and
> info.
> >
> > Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our
> online
> > magazine at http://techwhirl.com
> >
> > Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public
> > email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives
> >
> >
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with
> Doc-To-Help. Choose your authoring formats and get any output you may need.
>
> Try Doc-To-Help, now with MS SharePoint integration, free for 30-days.
>
> http://bit.ly/doc-to-help
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-
>
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>
>
> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
> http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources and
> info.
>
> Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online
> magazine at http://techwhirl.com
>
> Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public
> email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives
>

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with Doc-To-Help. Choose your authoring formats and get any output you may need.

Try Doc-To-Help, now with MS SharePoint integration, free for 30-days.

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com


Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at http://techwhirl.com

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives


References:
Interviews:: From: Samantha Graham
Re: Interviews:: From: Gene Kim-Eng

Previous by Author: Re: Source control software recommendations for doc team
Next by Author: Re: looking for good examples - online portfolios
Previous by Thread: Re: Interviews:
Next by Thread: looking for good examples - online portfolios


What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads


Sponsored Ads