Re: The Whatchamacallit

Subject: Re: The Whatchamacallit
From: Lauren <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 13:43:24 -0700

On 4/19/2012 1:23 PM, Bruce Megan (ST-CO/ENS2.5-NA) wrote:

Is the entire page called Tab?

I think it is a confusing convention, but a lot of software refers to that page as a tab. "Click the Tab tab and select options on the Tab tab." Internet browsers use tabs but refer to each new tab as a page, although actions refer to tabs, like closing the page is called, "Close Tab." Right click over a tab, and every tab action is called, "<action> tab."

Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with Doc-To-Help. Choose your authoring formats and get any output you may need.

Try Doc-To-Help, now with MS SharePoint integration, free for 30-days.


You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-
To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @

Previous by Author: Re: The Whatchamacallit
Next by Author: Re: Help with a term
Previous by Thread: Re: The Whatchamacallit
Next by Thread: Re: The Whatchamacallit

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads