RE: Real World Advantages of Office / Word 2007 and Windows 7

Subject: RE: Real World Advantages of Office / Word 2007 and Windows 7
From: "Al Geist" <al -at- geistarts -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 14:32:00 -0400

Like Lisa and Ben, I don't understand the resistance to new software. I see
the resistance similar to the resistance people had moving from horse drawn
buggies to those newfangled automobiles.

I still run an older XP machine, but it's only because I cannot afford to
upgrade some of the programs and it's an old system. It works and I only use
it for one of my contracts. My other stuff is all done on a Windows 7
machine with newer programs (Office 2010). We're retired and semi-retired,
but that doesn't mean we stopped moving. We also have a Windows 7 netbook,
smartphones, and my wife is looking to pick up a Kindle (or Nook) for
reading on the road (or at the beach) and all my cameras are digital.

Learning new stuff can be frustrating, but when you stop learning....you die
(figuratively).

Al Geist-Geist Arts, LLC
Fine Art Photography - Exceptional Note Cards
Mobile: 231-301-5770
E-mail: al -at- geistarts -dot- com
Website: www.geistarts.com
Blog: www.gooterschmeltz.com
Facebook: Geist Arts
See Also:
Technical Communication, Help, Documentation Management

?We can?t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used to
create them." (Albert Einstein)